Dr. Gallagher is the only chiropractor in the state of Pennsylvania, and one of a select few in the country, to have completed a post-graduate residency in sports injury & rehabilitation.
The residency program at Palmer College of Chiropractic is the only one of its kind within a chiropractic college in the United States. Under the direction of former Olympian, Dave Juehring DC, DACRB, CSCS and Ranier Pavlicek DC, ATC, DACRB, CSCS, the residency provided Dr. Gallagher the opportunity to further the development of clinical skills in the realm of diagnosis, treatment and management of sport-related injuries. The residency provided Dr. Gallagher the opportunity to work closely with college and high school athletes, military personnel, triathletes, elite distance runners, as well as world-class powerlifters and strength athletes.
Uncommon to the formal training of chiropractors, Dr. Gallagher also received training in post-surgical rehabilitation as the department worked closely with area orthopedic practices. To compliment his chiropractic training, Dr. Gallagher has extensive training in manual therapies and developmental stabilization methods influenced by the German and Czech rehabilitation schools.
It is Dr. Gallagher’s passion to provide the highest quality in patient care by using an integrative approach of multiple disciplines – chiropractic, manual therapy, functional rehabilitation, strength training & exercise. It is his goal to develop unique strategies for his patient’s to eliminate pain, enhance performance and elevate wellness.
Dr. Gallagher’s professional education and training includes:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Exercise Physiology from Ohio University
- Graduate from Palmer College of Chiropractic (Davenport, IA)
- Post-graduate residency completed in Sports Injury & Rehabilitation at Palmer College of Chiropractic
- Board certified rehabilitation specialist through the American Chiropractic Rehabilitation Board (ACRB)
- Extensive training and education in Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization & Vojta Therapy
Motion Palpation Institute trained
- Temporomandibular, head, neck, and orofacial rehabilitation treatment certified through Central Institute for Human Performance
- Certified Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES) through the National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Continuing education focused on advanced adjusting and manual therapy techniques, rehabilitation, sports injury, neurology, sports performance and nutrition
To compliment his clinical training and experience, Dr. Gallagher also serves as a Performance Coach with years of experience working with athletes of all abilities and is a certified Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES) through NASM. He is an accomplished athlete in the sports of ice hockey and Strongman. During his time at Ohio University, he was part of the 2004 ACHA D1 National Championship team. In 2001, he was named to the NHL’s Central Scouting Service “Top 10” High School players in the US and was ranked among the top players throughout the US and Canada. As a competitive amateur Strongman, he has won or placed in several North American Strongman (NAS) sanctioned competitions since 2010 and was a National qualifier in 2010, 2011 and 2012.