3 Exercises for Athletic & Mobile Hips
Please watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRZL6Y6gtZI
In this video, we discuss exercises aimed at training proper hip dissociation - an often overlooked and undertrained function of the hips. Poor hip dissociation is commonly a reason for pain and poor performance.
Some key points discussed in this video:
- What hip dissociation means. Hip dissociation is the ability to independently move the hips without compensations from the rest of the body.
- Why poor hip dissociation and compensations are often a reason for low back pain, hip pain, and even pain within the knees and feet/ankles.
- How poor hip dissociation is related to increased risk of injury.
- Why the inability to move properly though the hips limits athletic potential and will negatively impact your performance.
- And most importantly - what to do to improve your ability to move your hips independently with simple exercises that you can perform at home, at the gym, or basically anywhere with just a few simple tools.
Thanks for watching and as always, let us know your questions or comments.
More related reading:
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.